CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

POST IKE

Hangin out coloring

gone!



going....



going...





Amazing what kids do when there is no internet!







Move over Jim Cantore, (TWC anchorman)

these two are on the scene!



pics from the 'hood







turning in to my section,

Terry actually helped push a car out of this water

He had on hip boots and water came in them!

............so long IKE!!!



Well we made it thru IKE....9 days without power, and we were some of the lucky ones who got power back rather quickly. Lets have an IKE recap...Friday I spent the day cleaning..why I dont know...but we would have a clean house and clothes if nothing else....Friday nite, early Saturday morning we lost power about 1am...we were all still up and you hear a loud..."awe man!" from around the house. Well that lead to an even longer night. I made the girls sleep in my room on the floor and I never slept a wink. Terry and I ventured outside about 330am or so to watch the wrath of nature. It was absolutely amazing to watch mother nature in action. After that I spent the next few hours texting one of my friends who had a crank radio....her poor husband cranked the radio all night long...crankin' is no fun if there is no ice cream as an end result! Anyway we finished out the night with our front door "honking" like a kazoo, apparently the weather stripping at the bottom of our front door came off and every time the wind would howl, the door would sound like someone was blowing a kazoo or harmonica...after a while I found it some what amusing and couldn't help but laugh. About 600am we started to see daylight and all the family phone calls started to pour in, after reassuring everyone we were ok I decided to get some sleep, even if it was short lived. The next few days were long yet amazingly kind of fun. There was no tv, no power and not much to do. We hung out with friends and socialized to the wee hours of the morning, met almost all of our neighbors and discovered just how awesome they all are. We had a big feast in my next door neighbors yard one evening. The only requirement bring something to eat if you have it.....we stopped counting at 100 people in one front yard! Lauren met new best friends and even learned to ride her bike without training wheels. Kalei hung out with all of her friends and Erin and I colored and almost completed every coloring book we had. We played games and put a few puzzles together. It was all good until the humidity came back on about day 5 or so, by day 8 my patience had grown very thin and I was real snappy...thank goodness for day 9 and school openings.....I have posted some pics I took in my neighborhood and some of the girls just hanging out....

0 comments: