CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN...TGIF...AND SO ON.....

Happy Halloween everybody! It's every child's favorite day, besides Christmas..candy, candy, candy! I guess it is every dentist's dream as well! I personally think Halloween and Christmas should be spread apart more. The two days every child looks forward to come so close together and they have to wait another year for a little joy, but who cares about my opinion! :0) Another problem with Halloween in the south, isn't it ironic that we sweat just about year round and the costume your child picks out just happens to be a sleeveless sheath and guess what there is frost on our pumpkins! However, if you pick out that cute little wool lamb suit, or the footed fleece pumpkin suit that is oh so cute, its 90 degrees out with 110% humidity! ~oh well that's what we Southerners get! Along with hurricanes, and snowless winters...blah blah blah...

On to much cuter things....WHAT A WEEK! I have already put in 45 hours as of last night this week, hence, the TGIF! That was working hours, not counting family hours which totally consisted of pumpkins. We started off the week Sunday evening working on a pumpkin for Erin to take to school for display. They are having a little contest so we will see how cleaver my idea was. My idea was to make a "pumpkin mummy" however I think he turned out to be "osama bin pumpkin" instead. Of course, the kids wouldn't get this but I think it is hilarious! Well Erin was very proud of her pumpkin mummy(aka "osama").

We had dancing on Monday, which turned out to be our Halloween costume trial run. Every year the girls get to dress up the week of Halloween in their costumes and go to dance. It is very cute because they usually get to dance to Halloween tunes and for me I get to see where I need to tweak the costume and what I am missing...so works out perfect for us all!

By Wedensday our poor little pumpkins were still sitting under the graces of the LSU flag proudly displayed outside of our house...(even if they are having a tough time, I always tell Terry a true fan never turns their back, we Texans know this, just look at the Astros and Texans!) Anyway our pumpkins are still just pumkins and no jack o laterns as of Wedensday night. So here we go with our pumpkins in tow...we start digging and you hear "eehew gross pumpkin guts!...and you thought our girls were "girly." We all got our turn digging out pumpkin guts one by one. As we were carving the pumpkins, Buzz our cat decided to join in. We finished up the pumpkins late that night, however maybe the Manuel family should stick to traditional jack o latern faces with triangles because we were supposed to have a cute witch face and frankenstein...but frankenstein kinda looks like "bubba-stein" to me! Have a safe and Happy Halloween!






















































1 comments:

Heidi said...

We couldn't find time to carve pumpkins this year--so sad, my girls are growing up and they want to do that sort of stuff anymore. Did you roast the pumpkin seeds? That is my favorite part