CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

HAPPY HOMECOMING!!!


Happy Homecoming everyone! Here is what we have been doing for the past few weeks...working on a mum. Apparently this is a big deal in Texas. Homecoming=Mum.

Kalei had this bright idea to make her mum, she thought it would be quality time we could spend together....ok....so I thought.....a few staple sticks and glue gun blisters later..viola!! All in all it was fun. Dont know if I want to do it again but I did it. For my family who lives in Louisiana this is a "Texas Thing" you just wouldn't understand!! And remember since we are in Texas, bigger is better..and this mum is on the small side.You spend all this money...and I do mean all of your money on this mum...that you wear one day....which would be today for Oak Ridge High School and tonight is the big game. Tomorrow is the dance, which is a formal affair....it will be Kalei's first of many things....first formal dance, first date, first time to pin a boutinnerre on a guy, first time to go out to eat on a "date," oh my...remember those days...makes me feel kind of teary eyed! Kalei and Connor have been friends forever and are going to the big dance together. While Terry misses it all, however, this maybe a "good thing"......at least for Connor! Terry is in Louisiana for his 20 year class reunion. HAPPY HOMECOMING OAKDALE HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1988!! Ha now we all know how old Terry is! I am so bummed I couldnt go with him but Kalei needs me..even if she thinks she doesn't, her hair does!! I was up late last night trying to figure out how to attach this to Kalei and I was up with her at 5am this morning to take this picture...the first of many...look at my baby girl! Love Ya K!

0 comments: