CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

LOOKING BACK AT THE MONTH OF APRIL....

For all of you who laughed at my wedding pictures, I am glad I gave you a good laugh!

Here we are 15 years later...

The last picture of the photo session and it shows!



the "toothless wonder!"







Tootie playing first base at a tournament a few weeks ago,
her team placed 4th.
Lauren's team placed first in the same tournament, way to go Heartbreakers!

Lauren's note to the tooth fairy telling her to look for the pink and green room!


Can you believe April is over?? In the last few weeks I have celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary, I turned 34, I have watched too many softball games to count! and absolutely loved every minute of it! I have watched my oldest daughter play her last freshman ballgame. I have also been very proud of her as she was invited to a special breakfast for being in the top 15% of her class. She is number 75 out of 790...which I find excellent! I have celebrated Tootie scoring perfect on the TAKS test. Hunted a few eggs, won a first place tournament trophy, and lost a few teeth!


Oak Ridge High School Lady War Eagles are in the playoffs, Erin recently made the cup stacking team and has tried out for all stars...results haven't been posted yet, busy season of dancing kicks off as we prepare for the recital. The girls' dances are soo cute. Lauren is dancing to "Stop in the name of love" or as one of her classmates called it...."Stop in the name of the hamburger!" It is way cute seeing a group of four and five year olds shaking their booty and pointing their fingers...Erin's has moved up to the "next level" in dance which is more grown up and not so little girly. She is tap dancing to a Billy Joel song...she is also very, very excited about her ballet dance to "Don't cry for me Argentina" by Madonna, the dance is very elegant and is so her! By the way, Erin said her dance was by Billy Joel and Kalei said isn't he that pastor on tv....Billy Joel...Joel Olsteen...don't think so!


I can't leave you without the "Laurenism's" of the month. Recently the girls were sharing a drink and Lauren told Erin "give me some of that Dr Pibb." Erin replies "It's Mr Pibb" Lauren says "I don't care about no Mr just give me the drink!" It is so hard not to laugh out loud because she gets very upset and embarrassed. Yesterday I was cleaning out Lauren's closet and she comes in the room and tells me "you can get rid of the dresses because I'm not wearing them!"


Lauren lost a tooth again last week. Sunday night she put it under her pillow and the tooth fairy didn't come. She decided maybe the tooth fairy is off on weekends. So Monday night we put the tooth under her pillow again and the tooth fairy didn't come again. We decided the tooth fairy couldn't find her because she usually sleeps with Erin and now she is sleeping in her bed. Tuesday night she decides to write the tooth fairy a letter. I have posted a picture of what I found on Erin's door that night. Thank Goodness the tooth fairy found her Tuesday night!


By the way the Tonyas' are growing soooo fast. Lauren spotted a few tomatoes and is totally excited. Over Spring break I took the girls out to the bluebonnets and rediscovered why I don't really have pictures of my children! Hope you guys have a great May and we all survive the swine flu...speaking of, my mom told me I had the swine flu in 1977....all these years I always wondered what was wrong with me....there you go!!!!


Stay tuned next week Terry is touring Minute Maid park with the 3rd graders and I am going to Old McDonald's farm with Lauren's class..should be some totally interesting stories come out of the trips!


2 comments:

Heidi said...

Great April recap!! Hope to see you soon!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Um, I think that I liked the wedding pics better! :)
I have been waiting to see the Tooth Fairy sign- that is hysterical! I never get tired of "Laurenisms" That girl is such a good mix of you two that it is crazy! Spunky + Trouble is a dangerous combination!