CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 28, 2009

What happened?

Terry and I recently had a major parenting milestone. We made the decision to allow Kalei to ride to school with a classmate. Not a classmate with a mom driving..the classmate is driving. As I think about this I wonder what happened to my little bald baby girl, you know the one with the missing front teeth, the bandaged knees who couldn't ride a bike or tie her shoes. When did she become so grown up and think her parents don't know anything and she knows it all. When did we stop being her best friends and she suddenly have a thousand other friends with whom she wants to spend every waking minute. How did she go from not knowing how to use the home phone to having a cell phone implanted in her right hand? I feel like I took a nap, woke up and she went from a little girl to a high school sophomore with lots of determination and a tremendous amount of will power!!! Happy belated 15th birthday Kalei, we are so very proud of you, what you have become and where you are headed!









































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about that situation the other day (letting Stephanie ride with another student). The reason is came up was because of KALEI, lol. I was thinking about the two of them getting their license and that eventually (not far away) they will be riding around together. Scary! I don't know what happened to our little girls, but I sure am thankful my little girl is such good friends with your little girl because you have a GREAT kid! :)

Anonymous said...

Just think! Now Kalei is DRIVING! What happened to our babies???