CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

WHERE HAVE I BEEN???

Well lets see...The month of May was quite a busy one, but then again aren't they all. We started all stars for Tootie. This allowed us several things: 1. to spend countless hours in the heat, but also work on our tan! 2. to get to know some wonderful families and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. Just some of the "perks" of softball!
May also marked another year of school coming to a close. Awards day was great for the Manuel girls! Tootie received all A's for the year, Citizenship Award for her class, she also received outstanding musicianship, promising artist award, and the Texas bluebonnet reading award. She also made the cup stacking team and even though her class didn't place they were definitely the best looking group of kids there. (All the boys looked cute in their hot pink shirts!) Lauren received the "friends of the library award" for her class for always demonstrating good behavior and turning your book in on time etc..it must be true, kids always act better away from their parents..LOL! She also received the "peacemaker" award for her class, for always wanting to keep peace in the classroom. She was always quick to point out a problem to her teacher between other students..sound like a tattletale award to me! Lauren finished Kindergarten and I was a little upset that our school does not do graduation...my frustration was simply directed at the fact that I will not have a picture of her in a cap and gown like my other two...silly I know! Kalei finished her freshman year of high school in the top ten percent of her class with an A average. She had one of her best years in school to date and I am very proud of her efforts! She came home the last day of school and ran through the door screaming "It's official I am a sophomore, mom go ahead and start crying!"
May also marked the seventeen year anniversary of my brother's fatal car crash and the tenth anniversary of my dad's fatal heart attack. It's hard to believe they have been gone that long. I so wish my dad could meet my girls. He and Kalei had so much fun. Could you imagine him with Lauren!
June has come and gone as well. What did we do??? Play softball of course, and dance, and swim, and... we continued with all stars during the month of June and guess what??? the heat it was still there! Luckily it didn't affect the girls too much. They continued to play and to date have placed at every tournament they have entered. (Except the state tournament, but hey there were 60 something teams there and we had only been together three weeks at the time!) Let us go back now, that should be the finale not the beginning! June also meant dance recital time, for Tootie it was her fourth so she was a pro, for Lauren it was her first and she did outstanding!! I am so proud of her and I would have never ever imagined she would have got up there but she did! It was so cute and of course I cried! Kalei started a performance camp in June for athletes. What determination she has. They were up every morning since school got out, in the heat, exercising, running and lifting weights. She was one of five girls in the camp and could out lift most boys there. What a woman!! She was only in it for the t shirt! Which they didn't get until the last day of the camp and then she said "All that for this cheesy shirt!"..LOL! I will save the best part of June for last....WE WENT TO DISNEY WORLD for seven days. Yes it was soooo much fun and no it wasn't as hot as it is here! It was Lauren's first trip and thanks to my friend Heidi @ http://www.whiteglovedestinations.com/ we had a truly "magical" experience! Love ya Heidi you were such a great help!! If you are planning a trip to Disney in the next month or even years, Heidi is your girl!
It's now July and like I do every year I am thinking where has the summer gone? We just finished up all stars this past weekend with a first place win. Way to go out with a bang, right? Guess what, only six weeks until fall ball! I know some of you think we are totally crazy but you have to be apart of it to appreciate it. My girls absolutely love it and I am glad they do. Kalei also played as a pick up player for a team this weekend and they finished 3rd! It was a great weekend of softball! Kalei also finished up her performance camp this past week. She has one week off and then she starts band camp. We are also looking into drivers ed. Can you believe my oldest baby girl is going to be driving???? I am so looking forward teaching her.....not really! Coming from the child who says "brakes are highly overrated!" Oh boy, can't wait!

By the way...the Tonya tomatoes have gone on to a better place.....they didn't survive the Texas heat while we were enjoying the Florida heat!!

As always I like to leave you with the latest Laurenism..she told me.."I cannot believe the king of pop is dead!" referring to Michael Jackson, all I could do was laugh!

Here is to the rest of the summer, may it be fun and enjoyable!!!


CUPSTACKING TOURNAMENT
"RAMOS' ROCKSTARS"

Notice the face paint! This is serious stuff! Tootie and her BFF Ms Ramos.
"the best teacher ever!"
This was 3rd grade awards day.


Lauren-fine arts award day


Tootie-fine arts award day

Lauren's last day of kindergarten!

Dance Recital '09

Lauren's first dance recital


Disney-09
I love the look on Lauren's face, priceless!
This was the first characters we saw!

Need I explain???

Tootie and Cinderella's stepsister-they had the same
hairbow so she made toot do a special pose with her!
The girls at Epcot, in Canada



A hug from Daisy!
Cinderella's castle which fascinated Lauren!








I tried to get Kalei to tell Buzz she
named our cat after him but she was too
embarassed!
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!!



ALLSTARS '09 SMGSL STORM
Tootie rounding 3rd headed home!




Tootie and coach Terry, we call him daddy!
He tried to get her to call him coach daddy, didn't work!

My little all star!
#00

"Hi five" with coach Mark!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey Heather,

You have been one busy lady. I didn't know you had a brother that died in a car accident--I'm very sorry about that!!

Thanks so much for the plug for my business, it is going great and getting new clients!! I'm so glad you had fun!! When can we plan your next trip????lol